90-Minute Strategy Session
It’s hard to see your practice objectively (I often run into the same problem with my own business!).
Sometimes you need to know if you’re heading in the right direction. During the 90 minutes, you can pick my brain on anything you like. We can discuss bigger-picture things (like what makes your practice different) or the finer details (like what to include on your About page). It’s completely up to you.
Whatever we discuss, you’ll walk away from our session with clarity and confidence that you’re moving in the right direction.
We’ll map out a clear action plan so you know exactly what you need to do next.
A 90-minute strategy session will help you:
- Gain clarity on your practice (i.e. who you are and what you stand for).
- Identify who your ideal clients are (and how you should target them).
- Explore ways you can get more of the right types of clients and a steady flow of the right projects.
- Put simply, a Strategy Session will help you gain clarity, focus, and confidence in any area of your practice.
Perfect for you if…
You know you *need* to market your practice but don’t know where to start.
You need help articulating who you are, what makes your practice different, and your ideal clients.
You want guidance on your website copy and/or messaging.
You find yourself pondering the same question over and over (What marketing tactics will help me get high-quality leads? Do I really need to be on social media? How can I optimise my website to bring in new leads?).
What you get:
- Pre-session questionnaire — prompts you to think about your practice goals, ideal clients, area of expertise, and more.
- 90-minute consultation via Zoom.
- A short presentation on marketing for architects — I’ll cover the 3 top mistakes architects make when marketing their practice and how you can avoid them.
- In-depth Strategy Discussion — we uncover who you are, what you do and what makes you different (from your competition).
- We can discuss things like:
- Point of difference: What makes your practice different from any other practice.
- Ideal clients: Which marketing tactics you need to use to target your ideal clients.
- Naming ideas: If you’re starting or thinking about starting your own practice.
- Social media strategy: Which platform/s and what content you should post.
- Website messaging: Homepage, about page, bio etc.
- … Put simply, we can discuss ANYTHING you like.
- We can discuss things like:
- Recording of our conversation — so you can listen to our clever conversation as many times as you like.
- A customised action plan (in Google Docs) — so you know exactly what to focus on and what your next steps should be.
Unlike generic copywriters, I understand the architecture and design industry inside out. I’ve worked in architecture publishing, in-house at an architecture firm, and written for more than 57 architecture firms of all sizes and types.
I also continue to invest time and money into my copywriting skills. I’ve flown over 46,000 miles to attend copywriting conferences, joined copywriting masterminds, and have completed many copywriting courses. I’m currently completing a course on copywriting and psychology.
How will we work together?
Every project is customised according to what you need.
However, to ensure great results, I’ve developed a process so you know what to expect every step of the way.
01. Scoping Out— Are we a good fit?
The process of discovery starts with a contact form (you can find it on my contact page), continues with a short email exchange and concludes with a phone call. On this short initial call—I’ll ask you questions about your project, time-frames and budgets (and you can ask me questions of course!). If we are both excited to work together—I’ll send you a proposal (which includes: costs, timelines and my game plan to make your project a success.) Once you sign and pay a 50% deposit, I'll get to work.
02. Digging Deep — Research & Discovery
Research: Before I put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard), I'll spend time getting to know your practice. Research includes: conducting interviews with past and existing clients, reviewing existing marketing collateral, mining online conversations and analysing marketing activities of your key competitors.
Discovery Session: During our discovery session (either in person or via Zoom), I’ll ask a series of in-depth questions to uncover various aspects of your practice (for example: practice objectives, your ideal clients, the challenges you face etc). Put simply, I want to get to know your practice inside out—so I can create a tailored brand & marketing strategy for you.
03. Building Up — Writing & Reviewing
Writing: Fully prepared, it’s time for me to get to work. Your project has my undivided attention, and I’ll send you short updates to let you know where we’re at (without you even asking me to). Once I’m done, I’ll share the copy along with comments or questions for your feedback. This will be supplied to you via GoogleDocs.
Reviewing: You have 7 days to review your copy and give feedback. I'll make the final revisions, you pay me the final 50% and I release the completed documents.
04. Moving forward — Delivery
You’re ready to publish your shiny new copy! And one final request—please stay in touch. Feel free to share the results of my work, ideas for future projects or photos of shadows falling on concrete (your partner might not see the beauty...but I do). Full disclosure: I can’t promise that I won’t be lurking in the virtual bushes of your practice—I’m an architecture fangal after all.
“We found our strategy session so valuable that we immediately hired Nikita to rewrite our entire website!
We were struggling with how to communicate our practice’s brand position. Nikita’s strategy session gave us clarity (it was like a light was turned on!). After the session, we knew exactly how we wanted to communicate with our target audience.
Nikita is personable, transparent and has a clear knowledge and understanding of psychology. She was able to quickly identify the flaws in our current website and biographies and provided us with practical suggestions on how to improve them. We found our strategy session so valuable—we immediately hired Nikita to rewrite our entire website.”
“Thanks to Nikita, everything is now falling into place!
We really enjoyed the Strategy Session questions, the actual session and most of all the action plan which is now helping us to start working on our website, branding, and marketing. Nikita was very encouraging, positive and simplified things for us.”
“Nikita really understands architects and has the ability to see things from an architects point of view.
I knew I needed to get my website copy and value proposition written—I just couldn’t find the time. I am SO glad, I came across Nikita. She took the time to listen to my ideas and develop my message (without the usual ‘archi-talk’). Nikita really understands architects and has the ability to see things from an architects point of view.