Scenario: You’ve had a bung knee for a while now (…perhaps it’s thanks to years of playing ‘social’ football or maybe you won the genetic lottery for bad knees).
Solution: You book an appointment with a GP. They give you advice & refer you to a knee specialist. You then book an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in knees.
Here are a couple of questions for you: Who are you more willing to pay a higher amount? Whose advice are you more likely to adhere to?
Let me take a wild guess: the orthopaedic surgeon, right?
(Note: by no means am I undervaluing the work of GPs—I’d probably be dead if it wasn’t for my GP).
But here’s the thing:
- If you want to start picking & choosing which projects you want to work on (rather than having to work on whatever comes through the door)
- If you want to get the recognition you deserve
- If you want to make a real difference in this world
…then, you need to be THE expert in ONE thing.
Watch today’s video. & you’ll learn:
- Why you need to be THE expert
- How to position yourself as THE expert (even if nobody has heard of you)
- How clients know you’re the best choice (hint: they don’t)