WEBSITE BIOGRAPHY BUILDER
Avoid awkward, boring bios with a quick guide to writing bios that showcase your credibility, personality, and experience.
“How do I write about myself without sounding arrogant?”
“Do I have to mention my hobbies and personal life? I hate sharing private details in a professional setting.”
“Can I combine my website About page and my bio?” (Spoiler alert: NO, you can’t.)
“The thought of writing my own bio makes me feel like stabbing a black Artline 0.2 in my eye”…ouch.
The first place prospective clients go to learn more about your practice is your website (even if they’re referred to you by word of mouth).
And where’s the first place they’ll look on your website to learn more about you?
Your website biography.
That’s why your website bio needs to make a good impression. Because if you don’t, your prospective client will close the tab quicker than you can say Zaha Hadid.
Why your website bio matters:
- It helps prospective clients get a feel for your practice and whether they can trust you with their project.
- It’s a great way to show off your team and their talents.
- It helps create a personal connection, which can encourage prospective clients to contact you.
But let’s face it: No one likes writing about themselves. You don’t want to come across as an egomaniac, but you also don’t want to sell yourself short. So how do you find the right balance? This toolkit will show you how.
Does this sound familiar?
- You’ve had “update bio” on your to-do list for months (or maybe years), but you keep tossing it into the “too hard” basket.
- You’ve “borrowed” a few sentences from the bios of peers, colleagues or randoms of the internet (and then copy/pasted them together to create your own bio).
- You struggle to silence your inner critic—write, delete, write, delete—and 1,576 hours later end up with a boring, generic bio (…but at least it’s “done”, right?! Wrong).
- You’re still using the same bio from your graduation thesis…or the last time you updated your bio BIM didn’t even exist.
If any of those sound even remotely familiar, then the Website Biography Builder could be your answer if you’re….
- An architect who has established your own practice.
- An architect who is responsible for marketing/communications within an architecture practice.
- A marketing/communications manager in an architecture practice. (Use the toolkit to write the team bios or pass off to a professional copywriter to do it for you.)
- An architecture student who requires a bio for your portfolio.
The purpose of this guide is simple. I want to help you create an impactful bio that prompts the right clients (<<< right clients = the ones who value what you do and are willing to pay premium fees for it) to enquire about your services or request a proposal.
Note: This is NOT a fill-in-the-blank template that leads to generic, dull copy. Instead, this toolkit is like scaffolding. It’s a step-by-step framework that gives your words structure, helps clarify your message, differentiates you from your competitors, and prompts prospective clients to enquire about your services.
What you’ll get:
- Website Bio Scaffolding: an easy-to-follow guide so you can quickly write your own engaging bio (without starting from scratch).
- 3 often-overlooked things EVERY architect website bio needs—so that your ideal clients can start to trust you (even before they meet you).
- 3 easy ways to instantly boost your “likeability” factor.
- 20 questions you need to ask yourself (or your staff) to gather the right content to write engaging website bios.
- 20 annotated real-life examples of great architecture website bios to draw inspiration from.
- Ideas on how to open your website bio—so you immediately hook your ideal client and they read your website bio to the very end.
- What you must never have on your website bio page.
- How to create a great first impression with your bio headshot (PLUS: real-life examples to inspire your own headshot).
- Editing tips and tricks to sharpen your website bio (with links to additional copywriting resources to help you).
The Website Biography Builder is based on 10+ years’ experience in copywriting and marketing within the A&D industry. I’ve successfully written hundreds of website bios for architects across different practices of all sizes and levels of experience.
Not every practice is ready for—or can afford—a professional copywriter. The toolkit bridges the gap for you. It’s based on my exact process, so you can stop second-guessing yourself and write a website bio to attract and win over your ideal clients.
Here’s how it works:
Once you finalise your purchase, you’ll receive a confirmation email that will include a link to download your toolkit (in an editable PDF format).
Australian customers will be charged GST. All Architects WordShop products are limited to 3 downloads.