This toolkit is an easy to follow, well laid out guide to everything you need to know to write your professional bio for your website. It’s designed with architects in mind, so aesthetically it looks and feels nice which, for me, makes it easier to take in the info. Nikita walks you through the entire process of writing a bio, explaining step-by-step how to craft a compelling and engaging biography, without sounding like everyone else. If you want to stand out from your competitors, you’ll do well to follow Nikita’s advice.
I knew the way I wrote my website was generic and boring. When I read the toolkits, you could have heard a lot of tokens fall. It helped me confirm: my website was indeed boring and generic. The toolkits guided me on what to do about it and more importantly, HOW to do it. It made me think deeper about my practice and what I bring to the industry.
Architect, Smart Destiny
The ultimate reference pack. Get started now. Or file it away for later. It’s like having an architecture copywriter on call 24/7.
Articulate your value as an architect and clearly communicate your practice in its best possible light—so you can get a steady stream of ridiculously good projects.
What is it?
The Website Starter Kit contains everything you need to help you get your website messaging done in a concise, creative, and compelling way.
I studied over 663 architecture websites and have spent over 10 years developing a skillset writing and marketing for architects all around the world. Over this time, I’ve noticed many small-mid sized architects can’t always afford to hire copywriters and agencies. I knew there must be a better (and more affordable) way to help architects with their website messaging.
This is that better way.
The toolkits in the starter kit break down the exact process I implement for my clients so they can get a steady stream of projects they really, really want.
And it’ll help you, too.
Who is it for?
Your current website copy is missing the mark (…perhaps your website designer / office manager / [insert other friend/family/person here] have had a stab at writing it).
You want an affordable shortcut to get your website copy done (…this kit is cheaper than hiring a copywriter, which can start at $8k)
About Page Masterplan
Write an About page that doesn’t sound like everyone else’s (so you can turn ideal clients into paying clients.). Includes:
- 7 attention-grabbing ways to open your About page (most architects miss this step!).
- A fill-in-the-blank ideal client profile template.
- 6 easy ways to build credibility and trust (so your ideal clients will want to work with ONLY you).
- 5 visual examples of About page website layout ideas (that you can use as inspiration for your own About page).
- 10+ real-life examples of great architecture practice About pages. Each example includes commentary and ideas you can “borrow” for your own About page.
- Prompts to help you get UNstuck when writing: exercises, tactics and tricks to get the creativity flowing.
- Editing tips and tricks to sharpen your About page (with links to additional copywriting resources to help you).
Home Page Tagline Handbook
The smartest and fastest way to writing your homepage tagline. Includes:
- Why every architecture website needs a homepage tagline. (hint: it’s an easy way to attract more of your ideal clients.)
- 3 things you need to do before your write your tagline. (This is a crucial step most architects miss.)
- The 6 must-follow rules to write a compelling tagline (that prompts your ideal client to stay on your website.)
- The difference between a homepage tagline and subheading (and how to decide if your website needs both.)
- 14 types of homepage taglines PLUS over 35 fill-in-the-blank templates that you can use for your own homepage tagline.
- 65+ applies examples of the tagline templates to inspire your own homepage tagline.
- A tagline checklist — so you can feel confident to “go live” with your homepage tagline.
- 23 real-life examples of architecture homepage taglines PLUS commentary on “why they are great”.
- 10 real-life examples of homepage taglines from outside the architecture industry to spark your creativity and give you a fresh perspective.
Avoid awkward, boring bios with a quick guide to writing bios that showcase your credibility, personality, and experience. Includes:
- Website Bio Scaffolding: an easy-to-follow guide so you can quickly write your own engaging bio (without starting from scratch).
- 3 often-overlooked things EVERY architect website bio needs—so that your ideal clients can start to trust you (even before they meet you).
- 3 easy ways to instantly boost your “likeability” factor.
- 20 questions you need to ask yourself (or your staff) to gather the right content to write engaging website bios.
- 20 annotated real-life examples of great architecture website bios to draw inspiration from.
- Ideas on how to open your website bio—so you immediately hook your ideal client and they read your website bio to the very end.
- What you must never have on your website bio page.
- How to create a great first impression with your bio headshot (PLUS: real-life examples to inspire your own headshot).
- Editing tips and tricks to sharpen your website bio (with links to additional copywriting resources to help you).
Project Description Blueprint
Showcase your projects in their best light. Includes:
- Instant access to the Archi Project Story Arc™ — a proven and repeatable process for writing and structuring engaging project descriptions (guaranteed to work for any type of architectural project).
- BONUS: Additional tips for when writing interior and urban planning project descriptions.
- The easiest way to capture the attention of prospective clients (so they feel compelled to request a proposal from you).
- 22 questions you need to ask before you start writing a project description. (Most architects miss this step!).
- 5 website project description layout ideas to inspire your project-description webpage.
- 14 annotated real-life examples of engaging architecture website project descriptions. (Get inspired or even borrow an idea or two.)
- Editing tips and tricks to sharpen your project descriptions (with links to additional copywriting resources to help you).
- PLUS: How to brief an architectural photographer (so you get the images you hoped for).
Services & Processes Handbook
Helping you clearly communicate what you offer and how you work to get more clients that are aligned with your practice. Includes:
- Why prospective clients are trying to beat down your fees (and how you can stop this from happening.)
- 6 steps to writing a clear, compelling services page that prompts your ideal clients to enquire.
- The benefits & disadvantages of including fees on your service page/s.
- Design tips on how to layout your website service page/s
- 6 creative ways to communicate your design process.
- Why you need to communicate your design process (hint: it can help you command higher fees and attract clients who respect the value architects bring to a project.)
- 35+examples of highly effective services & processes pages from architecture practices all over the world.
Guide to Getting Testimonials
A simple, repeatable process for requesting, writing, and formatting testimonials on your website. Includes:
- When is the best time to ask for a testimonial (hint: it’s not always at the end of a project.)
- How to ask for a testimonial (without the awkwardness).
- BONUS: A testimonial request email template that you can copy-paste.
- 11 questions you need to ask your past client when collecting testimonials (so you can get a testimonial that builds trust and reduced risk for prospective clients.)
- A fill-in-the-blank template to help you turn client answers into powerful, non-boring testimonials.
- How to display and format testimonials on your website—so they *actually* get read.
How it Works
Once you finalise your purchase, you’ll receive a confirmation email that will include a link to download your toolkit (in an editable PDF format).
Australian customers will be charged GST. All Architect WordShop products are limited to 3 downloads.